Pre- and posttreatment
Each industry has to contend with different levels of contamination in the process water. For an optimal treatment result, the right pre- and post-treatment is crucial to free the process water from coarse impurities.
KLC-Exhaust air treatment
KLC-Airstar combines distillate and exhaust air cooling with efficient exhaust air cleaning and odour minimisation.
Cooling, cleaning and odour minimisation
KLC-AIRSTAR has been specifically designed for cooling the distillate and the exhaust air produced by our evaporator systems. The system almost completely eliminates all vaporous substances from the exhaust air through condensation. The evaporation of process waters can cause odours in the exhaust air. KLC-AIRSTAR significantly reduces odour emissions from condensable odorants. Distillate cooling also ensures compliance with the temperature limits for introducing distillate into the sewage system. A cooler integrated into the cooling cycle releases the thermal energy extracted from the exhaust air and from the distillate to the surrounding air in an energy-saving process. KLC-AIRSTAR is ready-to-connect and can be directly integrated into the KLC evaporator series.
- Removes highly volatile substances and odours
- Compliance with emission limits
- Integrated cooling cycle with temperature control
- High energy efficiency heat exchanger for effective heat removal
- Customer does not need a cooling cycle
- Ready-to-connect and integrable into the evaporator control
- Extremely low noise
KLC-Belt filter in pre-treatment
The KLC-BELFI is a compact module for the continuous separation of solids from process water. After solid separation the water is then fed into the KLC evaporator.
High-efficiency continuous separation of solids
The KLC-Belt Filter (BELFI) is a compact module for the continuous separation of solids from process water. The process water is then fed into the KLC evaporator. The contaminated process water is guided through a gull onto a fleece-lined filter belt. The solids settle and solidify in a filter cake on the belt. The filtrate, which is now free of solids, passes into the filtrate tank where it is stored. As more solids build up in the filter cake, the liquid level in the filter bed rises, until a level switch triggers the motor to move the used belt portion to provide a new, clean fleece filter surface. The used fleece is fed into the sludge tank. Various fine filters options or fleece variations are available for all types of filtration requirements. The filtrate tank can be used as process water storage for the evaporator. Provisions are made for modular integration of the belt filter into the treatment process and into the KLC evaporator control.
- High-quality, compact stainless steel design for long service life
- Low maintenance, easy to use, easy belt exchange
- Automatic feed for optimum filter fleece use
- High operational safety with integrated filtrate collecting tank with built-in level measurement and overfill protection
- Modular integration into evaporator control
- Available with fleece monitoring and feed pump
KLC-DI water circulation system
The KLC-DI water circulation system (DIP) produces ultrahigh quality demineralised water. The system has been specifically designed to produce desalinated water and to recirculate rinse waters.
Efficient production of desalinated water
The KLC-DI water circulation system (DIP) produces ultrahigh quality demineralised water. The system has been specifically designed to generate desalinated water and to recirculate rinse waters. The fully automated system is available in in single or double line set-up. It comes in a compact turn-key design, immediately ready to start operation. All required fittings and measuring instruments are easily accessible and easy to use. An integrated conductivity metre continuously monitors water quality. Deionised water condictivity can be reduced down to < 25.4 µS/inch. If it rises above the set maximum value, an automated regeneration of the system will be run. Deionised water is used, for example, in surface technology for high-quality rinsing and stainless drying.
- Ultra efficienct regeneration with minimum regenerant amounts
- Fully automated or manual filter regeneration
- Automated chemical, flow, pressure, compressed air and conductivity measurements for ultimate operational safety
- Upstream fine filters for longer service life of the main filters
- Reduced water consumption lowers operating costs
- System comes fully tested and ready to use
KLC – Flow neutralisation
Flow neutralization (DNA) adjusts the process water pH. The system is an important module for the protection of subsequent process steps.
Efficient neutralization with corrosion protection
KLC flow neutralization (DNA) protects subsequent process steps and prevents corrosion in the evaporator. The highy efficient system adjusts the pH value of the process water, quickly neutralizing acidic pH values. A neutral pH is required for the evaporation process. A pH electrode continuously monitors the pH of the incoming process water. The system automatically adds alkali when required. An integrated stirring device ensures continuous blending. pH set-point and limit can be individually configured. The modular KLC-DNA is delivered ready for connection, integration into new and existing processes is very easy. KLC-DNA can also be used as a receiver tank. KLC-DNA control is integrated into the KLC evaporator control. Tank sizes comply with the KLC evaporator's volume requirements.
- Long service life of downstream components due to corrosion protection
- High operational safety due to integrated level measurement and overfill protection
- Short neutralization time due to automatic dosing and control
- Easiest operation
- Adjustment of pH values
- Container made of durable plastic (PP) with plug-in lid
- Also usable for pH-value reduction
KLC-TAWACO is a desalination system featuring a perfect combination of softening and reverse osmosis. It is used for desalinating municipal water according to German Drinking Water Ordinance regulations. In dual softening configuration TAWACO ensures a continuous softening process also during regeneration.
Ideal for softening municipal water
Reverse-osmosis desalination systems are used for desalting municipal water according to the German Drinking Water Ordinance. The natural pressure of the municipal water feeds it into the softening system through a pipe separator. Here the hardeners (Ca2+; Mg2+) are removed with the help of resin. The softened drinking water is desalinated by reverse osmosis, with the membrane module retaining the salts. The resulting salt solution can be fed into the sewage system, the resulting permeate can be used as high-quality reverse osmosis (RO) water. An automatic hardness control monitors operation and triggers a regeneration cycle with saline solution when required. Dual softening maintains a continuous softening process, also during regeneration. Depending on the type of process water, the system can also be used in combination with KLC evaporators.
- Prevents evaporator deposits, thus reducing operating costs
- Softened water achieves best cleaning results
- Automatic hardness control, pre-filter, system separator
- Autonomous operation with integrated control or combined operation with evaporator
- Compact design, pre-mounted on frame
- Available as single or dual softening system
The KLC-ZPS two-phase separator separates oil phases from the distillate with ultra high efficiency. KLC-ZPS uses purely physical separation to separate the oil phase from the water phase, by means of special flow guidance within the KLC-ZPS.
Highly effective coalescence-based oil phase separation
The KLC-ZPS series two-phase separator combines maximum distillate exposure with a very large coalescence surface. Special flow guidance ensures a highly effective separation of oil and water phases. An integrated pump transports the distillate back into the process for re-use or directly into the sewage system. A skimmer channel discharges the separated oil phase into an oil tank. As the system operates a purely physical separation, no additional operating supplies or equipment are required. Depending on the later use of the distillate derived from the KLC evaporator system, oil phases may have to be seperated out, e.g. for compliance with regulatory limits and especially if highly volatile substances are present in the process water. KLC-ZPS is a compact, plug & play module. Its mechanical and electrical integration into the distillate post-treatment process after KLC evaporation is easy. Distillate overflow is prevented by intelligent overfill protection.
- Special flow guidance and an extra large coalescence surface ensure high efficiency separation
- High-quality stainless steel and a robust distillate pump for ultralong durability
- Ultimate process reliability with integrated level measurement and WHG overfill protection
- Simple operation and plug & play set-up for significant time savings
- Can be directly integrated into the evaporator control